• Conduct weapon effect analysis and feasibility assessments for artillery and Joint fires systems
• Provide advice on artillery and Joint fires capabilities for tasked applications against specific centers of gravity (COG) and high-value targets (HVT) to create the desired effects and support accomplishment of the commander’s objectives
• Provide feasibility assessment on artillery and Joint fires capabilities and effects in relation to tasked objectives. Advise on force application, execution planning, and combat assessment
• Provide liaison between geographic COCOMs, DoD units and agencies, other government agencies, and SMAC.
• Assists in long range artillery and multiple launch rocket system mission planning and integration in accordance with SMAC processes and USA/USMC tactics, techniques, and procedures for approximately ten exercises/experiments/studies/tests per year.
• Assist in the development and conduct planning and integration of future long range artillery and multiple launch rocket weapon systems.
• Participate in DT&E and OT&E as long range artillery and multiple launch rocket system mission planning systems and application SME.
• Instruct other SMAC personnel in Army Fires specific mission planning functions and techniques unique to their software and mission planning environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Army [USA] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
• At least one year of specialized experience conducting long-range artillery and multiple launch rocket system operations, testing, training principles, concepts, directives, practices, tactics, and techniques.
• Participation in combatant command exercises or operations. Real world contingency experience is highly desired.
• Experience supporting operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and JWICS.
• Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and classified SIPRNet network enterprise environments
• Demonstrated mastery of USA and/or USMC principles, concepts, directives, practices, analytical methods and techniques and seasoned consultative skill sufficient to resolve internal problems not susceptible to treatment by standard methods. Typical problems addressed are beyond normal day-to-day route processes and procedures.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for assessment and improvement of DoD long range artillery and multiple launch rocket system operations.
• Knowledge of overall performance factors for long range artillery and multiple launch rocket systems and maintains physical/mental ability to sustain 24/7 surge operations, if required, for operational missions and exercises.
• In-depth knowledge of the various Command entities involved in overall planning and execution of joint operations and evaluations. Knowledge of training and instructional methods to teach mission planning and mission planning software.
• Ability to plan, organize, and negotiate effectively with senior analysts and management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
• Current TS/SCI Clearance.
• Completion of a formal Army Field Artillery course and the USA Fires Center of Excellence or equivalent.
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.