- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of progressive engineering experience
- Experience working in a development or operation of Unmanned Command and Control systems and/or Satellite Ground Systems
- Strong understanding of the engineering development life cycle (Hardware, Software and Systems Engineering)
- Experience in requirements development/derivation/management
- Experience performing FMECA in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 or equivalent industry standards or practices
- Experience coordinating Human Systems Working Group (HSIWG), developing HSIWG charters, and presenting technical briefings to the external customer and Management
- Experience with developing HSI/HFE Program Plans (HEPP), Human Engineering Analysis and Assessment Report(s) (HESAR), Human Engineering Design Approach Document(s) (HEDAD-O/M), Human Engineering Test Plan(s), etc., policies, planning, trade studies, and checklists, conducting design reviews and change requests per MIL-STD-46855a
- Experience and practical application of RMA engineering, design, and management practices in accordance with MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-STD-189, MIL-STD-781, MIL-STD-785, or equivalent industry standards or practices as well as FMECA IAW MIL-STD-2155 or equivalent
- Extensive experience with User Interface design and usability engineering concepts
- Experience providing guidance by conducting analysis, demonstration, test, inspection, review engineering drawings, certification, or simulation that compares the design data gathered in the contract requirements
- Experience providing technical leadership to the engineering team throughout the entire product life cycle
- Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the external customer and Management
- Experience with preparing proposals and Gates to ensure technical and execution feasibility
- Demonstrated high-quality, timely analysis, including impact, root-cause and corrective action
- Incorporate active and insightful risk and opportunity management experience
- Demonstrated effective use of measurement and analysis techniques, including statistical functional trends and predictive models, to drive corrective action as required to ensure IPT goals will be achieved
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas
- Demonstrate timely and effective communication of scope of work to enable functions to staff the IPT
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Customer and across multiple organizational levels including Program Management and junior engineering staff
- Understanding of software development lifecycle models and program lifecycle modes
- Experience in using tools and metrics to manage development activity
- Experience in collecting, organizing, and preparing technical data/documents for ease of access and review
- Experience with operationalization of science algorithms
- Software System Architecture Process and Methodology experience with ability to identify and apply modern architectural patterns across the segment
- Experience in Requirements development/derivation/management
- Experience with CONOPS and Use Case development
- Experience with Ground Systems Operations (Planning, Scheduling, Orbit Operations, Command and Control, Ground Status)
- Experience conducting trade studies
- Experience with interface definition/documentation (ICD)
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.