- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- B.S./B.A. or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math
- 8 or more years working as an active contributing member of a development team
- Data Integration experience, including ability to design, document, develop and test data integration processes from data analyst specifications
- Prior experience on analysis and resolution of data quality and integration issues
- Demonstrable experience implementing Big Data solutions using current technologies
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Experience in data formatting, cleaning up the data, understanding of schemas and metadata
- Practical skills with efficient file movement inside of big data platform
- Experience in leading midsized developer’s teams in data warehouse / Hadoop integration
- Experience with large scale (>1TB raw) data processing, ETL and Stream processing
- Ability to design, architect and code (desirable) at an Enterprise, Commercial, and Best Practices standard
- Demonstrable experience on Hadoop ecosystem (including HDFS, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Impala, Map Reduce, Sentry, Navigator); Hadoop data ingestion using ETL tools (e.g. Nifi, Kafka Talend, Pentaho, Informatica) and Hadoop transformation (including MapReduce, Scala)
- Excellent analytical abilities, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills
- Ability to code in either Python or R for data analytics
- Experience with big data deployments for cyber analytics
- Experience with elastic stack (ELK) visualization using Kibana
- Expert technical judgment and ability to work effectively with clients as well as IT management and staff Experience on Continuous Integration
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational SQL databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and ability to write SQL commands with expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
- Experience working on UNIX / Linux environment, as well as Windows environment • Experience in creating Low Level Designs, and in providing and maintaining technical documentation, specifically Data Mapping and Low Level / ETL (or ELT) Design Documentation
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.