ISYS Technologies is hiring a SysMan Packaging – Subject Matter Expert.
- Support SysMan Enterprise Packaging Layer technologies to automatically and persistently consolidate asset data; deliver IAVA and Army Standard Software, integrate with SCCM and SCOM hierarchies. Sustain and provide configuration management of SysMan Enterprise/Packaging Layer environment. Provide/Support Microsoft-developed SysMan Enterprise/Packaging Layer integration and software delivery
- Develop implementation guidance and recommend detailed product feature specifications to support integration of SysMan. Perform software delivery/packaging service, operating system deployment and configuration management
- Perform site-specific risk mitigation activities as part of change/configuration management to ensure smooth implementation of, and transition to, new SysMan software delivery/packaging and configuration management automation capabilities
- Create, test, and distribute IAVM, AGM, common operating systems, application packages, scripts, batch programs to provide software delivery/packaging and configuration management of the computing platform environment
- Create and sustain automated processes for software delivery/packaging, operating system deployment, and configuration management to distribute throughout enterprise SCCM hierarchy. Report status of distribution, i.e. received, applied, not-applied. This includes documented automated release of software through SysMan Tier 0 for those SCCM sites integrated within hierarchy as well as software made available publically
- Submit recommendations for use of SysMan software delivery, packaging, operating system deployment and configuration management capability for non-Windows environments.
- Develop initial guidance on use of SCCM software delivery/packaging, operating system deployment, and configuration management capability to TNOSC administrators
- Generate NetOps strategies for enhanced IT operations of software delivery, patching, and configuration management
- Participate in strategy sessions, strategic assessments, and design reviews of NetOps capabilities to validate enterprise approach and associated work products
- Work with the AGM program, Army system administrators, database administrators, desktop support staff, programmers, analysts, and other professionals; coordinate resolution of highly complex problems and tasks
- Provide Tier III support for engineering and program-level issues submitted to the SysMan Program and issues elevated by system administrators. Manage incidents and problems; confirm validity of issues and problems; seek known solutions related to more complex issues
- Bachelor degree, 4 - 9 years of practical experience
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT III (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), CASP).
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or equivalent
- Operational skills and expertise in the following technologies: SCCM 2007, SCUP 2011 or latest version, Software Delivery, Packaging, Operating System Development, Patch Management, Reporting, MAC Operating Technologies, Various Firmware, MSI, SMS Installer, Virtual Basic (VB) Scripting, Batch Programming, Command Line, PowerShell, Basic Networking Concepts. Remote Tools, i.e. Remote Desktop, SMS Remote, Windows Assistant, Microsoft Operating System Deployment or Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) Advanced TCP/IP functions (WINS, DNS, DHCP)
- Knowledge of commonly used application installation packaging tools and processes such as Microsoft Installer (.msi), Wise installer, Install Aware, Active Directory deployments and MS SCCM deployments
- Expertise to integrate, package and install various application installation (.exe, .bat, .msi) into a standard process
- Develop test plans, Installation TTPs, and implementation guides for the enterprise implementation of SysMan configuration and software delivery/packaging, operating system deployment, and configuration management capabilities. Provide engineering documentation support for development of other technical documents.Expertise and skills in SYSMAN technologies that cross all tiers, hardware and storage configuration, Army Information Assurance environment, and configuration management
- Knowledge and understanding of NetOps tools, procedures, and operational constructs
- Possess skills and experience in SYSMAN- related IT, supporting Theater and NEC tiers, as well as configuration management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft-based security engineering; working knowledge of Unix, Red Hat Linux, and MAC operating systems and security; working knowledge and understanding of DIACAP, network security technologies, procedures, and operational constructs
- Microsoft certification in SQL SharePoint, or other related technologies
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.