- Thorough knowledge and proven ability to perform installation, maintenance, problem analysis and prevention, system tailoring, customization and administration, performance monitoring and tuning, and documentation of IBM z/OS
- z/OS System Support Knowledge including parmlib, authorize libraries, CLISTs, REXX and Procs changes
- Experience maintaining mainframe IODF
- Experience maintaining JES2 subsystem
- VTAM experience (used for TN3270 type terminal communications and EE Pipes with both DOJ and external government customers)
- TCP/IP experience (primarily IPv4 but in the early stages of IPv6). This includes all the IP-LU Mapping (an example is the Two Factor LUName requirements for Top Secret), OSA cards on all mainframe and working with Network Support Group and JUTNet. BIG-IP
- Console communications with OSA-ICC experience
- Proven ability to determine, analyze and resolve software and device related problems.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships with customers, team members, vendor service providers and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience installing and migrating new software releases
- General knowledge of mainframe hardware including IBM z14, or IBM z13, or IBM EC12, Virtual tape and enterprise storage
- Experience installing and maintain z/PS
- Experience maintaining mainframe IODF
- Experience using IBM utilities, tape management software, scheduler software
- Experience with CLISTs, REXX
- Experience with operating systems: using z/OS
- Experience using IBM SW: JES2, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, JCL
- Software experience: Websphere, Connect:Direct, CLIST, DB2, CA-Top Secret (or other external security manager on z/VM), CA-Scheduler, CA-1, Assembler
- Hardware experience: Hitachi VSP, IBM TS3500, IBM TS7720/7740 VTL
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.