- 12+ years’ total experience (15 years’ total experience is desired) as an Engineer/Systems Architect with 5 years at the senior-level or a minimum of 10 years’ total experience as an Engineer/Systems Architect with a Master’s Degree in Engineering and with 4 years’ experience at the senior level, supporting operations at the combatant command level (USSTRATCOM, USSOUTHCOM, for example)
- Possess knowledge of the JPP, current Command mission areas, command and control (C2) processes, national policy, training, and system test policy
- Engineering degrees need to be identified if from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET)-accredited program or not
- In addition to the total experience, when “expertise” is specified, the expectation is a minimum of 5 years’ experience (7 years desired).
- In addition to the total experience, when “knowledge” is specified, the expectation is a minimum of 3 years’ experience (5 years desired).
- Knowledge of joint planning, described in Joint Planning publications (JP 5-0, JP 3-0, JP 3-60, and JOPES Vol I, for example), to include kinetic and non-kinetic planning, targeting, orders and message construction, and C2 operational mission employment across the spectrum of USSTRATCOM and combatant command plans
- Recent proficiency (within the last 6 months is desired) of the GAP CIE to include: Deliberate planning, CAP, mission analysis, PD&A, COA development, JIPOE, and orders and message construction
- Knowledge in areas directly related to APEX, the JPP and the Joint Planning and Execution Community (JPEC)
- Knowledge of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process
- Expertise of Joint C2 and Command Standards and DoD acquisition policy (DoDI 5000.02, for example) to provide maintenance and modifications, based on user interface, to delivered web services and portlets supporting the Command’s Global C2 systems
- Expertise of Joint C2 and Command Standards to ensure integration of processes and capabilities, and assist in overseeing proper tools/applications/web services meet operational and training needs
- Expertise of web service development tools to rapidly prototype web capabilities under investigation
- Extensive computer technical expertise – must be familiar with Linux OS, VMware, Apache Web Service, and Oracle products, particularly Oracle Web Logic, Oracle Service Bus, Oracle Database, Oracle Identity Management (OIM) suite, and Ozone Widget Framework (OWF)
- Expertise of current DoD policies (DoDI 8500.02, 8510.01, 8520.02, for example), to support the implementation of all required Information Assurance (IA) requirements and performance standards
- Expertise of Joint C2 Standards to provide user support and maintain the current capability that exists within GAP CIE and support user changes to meet current and future operational needs. Additionally, an understanding of the relationship between operational requirements, technical capabilities, and system architectures is essential
- Expertise in the application of Net-centric services within the DoD (DoDAF 2.0, and DoDD 8320.02-G, for example) to ensure interoperability, governance, and net-centric data standards are met
- Expertise in the application of DoD architecture and IT policy (DoDAF 2.0 and DoDD 8320.02-G, for example) to assist with leading the development of operational, technical and system architecture requirements
- Knowledge of Air Education and Training Command (AETC) courseware development standards to develop training/lesson plans and conduct user training sessions and facilitate the integration and synchronization of GAP CIE capabilities into Command exercises
- Knowledge in the application of Air Force Test and Evaluation policy and instructions (AFI 99-103 and AF Manual 63-119, for example) to validate and test new capability and to support the Integrated Test Team (ITT) with technical level support. Assist as required, in system level testing and the development of required test documentation. Identify, address, and correct deficiencies resulting from the testing of web and portal services.
- Expertise of the JCIDS process (CJCSI 3170.01H/5123.01F, for example) to support on-going and evolving Joint C2 and USSTRATCOM C2 development, piloting, technical demonstrations, scenario and use-case development, and COI activities.
- Expertise of the JCIDS process and the Integrated Life Cycle Management guidelines to interface with the PMO for requirements, delivery schedules, and other issues, plus the expertise necessary to interface with combatant commands, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and other Services and Agencies
- Expertise of Joint C2 Standards and the JCIDS process to contribute to the development, interpretation, and implementation of internal and external policies, procedures, and analysis shaping the C2 Modernization and development of USSTRATCOM warfighting requirements
- Knowledge of USSTRATCOM and other combatant command missions. The candidate must be able to operate independently and provide advisory and assistance inputs to the government customer at various DoD and combatant commander (CCDR) level engagements, exercises, and professional forums
- Expertise in the application of DoD IT policies (DoD IT Enterprise Strategy and Roadmap and DoD Information Enterprise Strategic Plan, for example) to evaluate the impacts of new technologies on current capabilities
- Expertise in the application of DoD architecture and IT policy (DoDAF 2.0 and DoDD 8320.02-G, for example) to assist with leading the development of operational, technical and system architecture requirements and creating required DODAF artifacts
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.