ISYS Technologies is hiring a mid-level systems administrator. This is an outstanding opportunity for a Systems Administrator wanting to grow their skills in networking, security, server administration and communications.
The duties include, monitoring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting a complete IT environment. The candidate should be able to manage projects, be a self-starter and able to work independently and as part of a team.
The position includes customer support as well as project work.
The most important qualifications are outstanding Customer Service skills and a desire to learn new tools.
This position requires good written and verbal communications skills as well as good troublshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Daily administration of Windows servers in a virtualized environnment
- Support the design of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and other Windows core services.
- Performance tuning and system assessments.
- Building laptop images to conform to customer standards to include hardening, and security compliance.
- Evaluation and installation of new products, and MS and other application patches. Make a business value-add case for new products.
- Manage Service Level Agreements, documentation, and policy/procedure compliance for IT systems related to virtualized, and Windows environments.
- Create and manage scripts to perform system tasks with PowerShell experience a plus.
- Proactively monitor servers to anticipate and mitigate problems.
- Inventory control and license management
- Environment and process documentation.
- Manage full IT environment security using Fortinet products: Fortigate, Forticloud and Forticlient
- Use change control and project management methodologies for environment management
- Support multiple locations
- Manage Spiceworks for environment monitoring and reporting
- VoIP telephony support
- Veritas backup management
- VMware maintenance and vm creation
- Sharepoint, OneDrive and file managment
- Website maintenance including WordPress
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.